SlashCode
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A remake of the lost SlashCode original

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
EGG1
Casual Member
Casual Member
EGG1

E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Empty
PostSubject: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 16:10

E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! 4700260720_7500bb9302
E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! 4700260882_1542d76dfa_b

Thats right! Theres another Sonic game coming out! Heres the story:
I was watching E3 Pre-Coverage on YouTube, and I was watching them talk about XBOX 360 Kinect. At the end of the preview, they showed a screen of planned video games coming out for kinect when it hits the stores this holiday season. And thats when I jumped up and saw the name "Sonic Free Riders" on a picture of a blank game cartridge among the games! Thats right! Along with Sonic 4, and Sonic Colors, theres ANOTHER Sonic game coming out this holiday, Sonic Free Riders!
No other information has been given about the game other than it's title, it was actually a lucky shot for me to spot it right outta the blue. All we know is that its confirmed and its a Sonic Riders game. But I'm going to continue watching E3 to see if Sega or Sonic Team comes out to say anything. So I will update you as I watch. But until then, converse!

THE FOLLOWING WAS RELEASED ON SONIC WRECKS.com:

"Just confirmed on the Sonic City Blognik, get ready to break out your Extreme Gear one more time for the third installment of the Sonic Riders series, a special varient for Microsoft’s new Kinect system for the 360 that was previously known in development as Project Natal. Details are sketchy at present but it does appear you’ll again be playing as Sonic and co. and as with the rest of the series you will be doing battle with the Babylon Rogues and their leader Jet The Hawk who rather handily is in the keyart SEGA have given out.

And hey, we’re that on the ball I’ve already swung into action and crafted a background for the site for Free Riders! Neato.

The announcement press release is below:

SEGA ANNOUNCES ITS FIRST TITLE FOR “KINECT” FOR Xbox 360
Sonic Free Riders™️ brings full body motion controlled fast-paced boarding action into people’s homes!
LOS ANGELES (June 14th, 2010) – SEGA Europe Ltd. & SEGA America Inc., today announced Sonic Free Riders™️. Set for release Holiday 2010, Sonic Free Riders™️ offers an extreme fast-paced boarding game and is developed to take full advantage of “Kinect” for the Xbox 360®️ video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.

For the first time ever in a SEGA game, full-motion body control will allow you to twist and turn your way through a range of visually stunning courses in an action-packed Sonic experience unlike any other! “Kinect’s” unique motion sensor means Sonic Free Riders™️ will see family and friends controlling their fully customisable hover board or bike by twisting, turning and jumping in an exhilarating race to be the first to cross the finish line! Choosing from one of your favourite Sonic characters, or your own Avatar, you can reach out and grab a variety of pickups along the course. By throwing, shaking, or swinging your arms to launch your weapon, you can gain the competitive edge over your rivals in high octane single or multiplayer races.

“SEGA is immensely excited to be a part of Microsoft’s line up for “Kinect” for Xbox 360, the full body motion control is an innovative avenue allowing for complete immersion in the game” commented Gary Knight, Senior Vice President of Marketing at SEGA Europe and SEGA America. “This is a whole new way to play as Sonic! By providing a complete level of freedom, movement and ease of play, “Kinect” for Xbox 360 and Sonic Free Riders ensures all the family can enjoy the thrill of racing as if they were actually on their hover boards.”

Sonic Free Riders™️ will be available to play with “Kinect” for Xbox 360 for Holiday 2010."

E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Zzzzzz10

Last edited by EGG1 on Tue Jun 15 2010, 00:08; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.theycallussonic.webs.com/
Pokemon Z RPG
Casual Member
Casual Member
Pokemon Z RPG

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 19:43

So it uses kinect? That should be really interesting. These upcoming Sonic games are looking more promising than ever, but hopefully I don't get my hopes up again. I still have yet to play a current generation Sonic game, so maybe I should start with Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, and Sonic Free Riders! Seems like a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
EGG1
Casual Member
Casual Member
EGG1

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 14 2010, 23:58

I've updated my first comment! Go back to it for more!

Pokemon Z RPG wrote:
So it uses kinect? That should be really interesting. These upcoming Sonic games are looking more promising than ever, but hopefully I don't get my hopes up again. I still have yet to play a current generation Sonic game, so maybe I should start with Sonic Colors, Sonic 4, and Sonic Free Riders! Seems like a good place to start.

you're totaly right on that
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Casual Member
Casual Member
j-manza

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15 2010, 02:04

another racing game dam
Back to top Go down
EGG1
Casual Member
Casual Member
EGG1

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 15 2010, 09:41

well we have sonic 4 and sonic colors coming out and those are adventure games, so they might as well try to make something different with a racing game. plus, it's going to be made for kinect, so it should be a lot more fun that way
Back to top Go down
j-manza
Casual Member
Casual Member
j-manza

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20 2010, 03:47

EGG1 wrote:
well we have sonic 4 and sonic colors coming out and those are adventure games, so they might as well try to make something different with a racing game. plus, it's going to be made for kinect, so it should be a lot more fun that way

they should release games on ps3 and xbox as well as wii cuz i wont beable to play these games now
Back to top Go down
EGG1
Casual Member
Casual Member
EGG1

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20 2010, 17:17

thats true, the only game availible for all consoles is sonic 4. riders is for xbox, and colors for wii/ds.
AND if you want to play free riders you need to get kinect for your xbox.
i feel bad for those who dont have all consoles. I, myself, am already going to have to get kinect.
Back to top Go down
SegaFanGirl101
Casual Member
Casual Member
SegaFanGirl101

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 28 2010, 18:51

Woah, woah, woah! ONLY for Kinect?! What's this!? I wonna be able to play this game on my PS3 or Wii, dammit! I don't wonna go out and buy a freaking XBox 360 just to play the game! That makes me mad :/ And Sonic Colors should've been made for all consoles, too! What is this.... :/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/segafangirl101
EGG1
Casual Member
Casual Member
EGG1

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30 2010, 01:56

you have to look at it financially, SEGA has done this before. think about it, a lot of people are going to be buying the new 360 already, and when the holidays come around, Kinect will be released. Which means a lot of people would like that for christmas, so, thats the perfect time to take advantage of the Kinect's buying frenzy and put out a game for people to buy for their new kinects. SEGA can be smarter than you think when it comes to marketing. however, after the frenzy is over, for those who havent gotten kinect yet, its not as good for sales to have a console exclusive game, yes you're right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!   E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E3 Reveals A New Sonic Game! Sonic Free Riders!
Page 1 of 1